Seeking Volunteers for Various Opportunities:
- Job Shadow: Invite students into your workplace to complete a job shadow. We have a job shadow package that students must complete which makes the experience worthwhile for students and companies.
- Internships: We have lots of students who would like to explore an industry and gain valuable workplace experience. Allow our students to complete unpaid/paid Internships in your workplace. Ask us for more information to learn how.
- Reality of Money: It takes approximately 90 volunteers to bring SECU's Reality of Money to our Students. Spend 2 hours or the entire day with us as our students experience life as a bill-paying adult. Lots of fun and laughs.
- Guest Speaker: Do you love talking about your career, how you got started, what it's like to work in that field and so much more then come and speak to our classes about what it's like to work in your industry. I'm sure we have a class that fits your industry.
- Join Trojan Business Alliance (TBA): Work with other professionals to plan and coordinate great career-related activities to our students. The TBA meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month to plan and coordinate events for the students at GMHS.
Join the Trojan Business Alliance
Purpose of Trojan Business Alliance: It's a collaboration of business, community and school leaders committed to educating our students to be responsible and productive citizens. We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month from 8am - 9am. Email LDAUGHENBAUGH@WCPSS.NET and I will add you to our email distribution list.
The members of the Trojan Business Alliance organizes 4 enrichment activities each year for the students at GMHS. Without these great members offering their time and expertise our students may not have the opportunity to experience and build their skills.
During the 2018-2019 school year, the TBA has chosen to focus on the following activities:
Your interactions with Career Services will help our students make real-world connections in your classes, more informed decisions while in high school and during college planning.
Please contact Lisa Daughenbaugh to discuss ways we can work together to make a difference in the life of a student.
Career Development Coordinator
Ph: 919-662-2379 ext 23599
Follow Us On Twitter: @GMHSCarServ
Like Us on Facebook: GMHS Career Services